This mountain is located in the district of Rendang, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia.pura Besakih, which is one of the most important temples in Bali, is located on the slopes of this mountain. It can be concluded by pedestrians who are physically fit around 3 to 4 hours from the starting point of Pura Pasar Agung and 5 to 7 hours from the starting point of the temple .Mount Agung is the highest mountain on the island of Bali with an altitude of 3,031 meters above sea level. From the top of Mount Agung we can see the summit of Mount Rinjani on the island of Lombok on the east, Sanur beach and the mountain and lake Batur in the northwest .
Mount Agung Hiking Itinerary:
- 11.30 – 12.00 PM: pick up at your hotel, depend on where are you stay in Bali.
- 01:45 AM: Arrival at Pasar Agung Temple starting point.
- 01:45 AM: Begin our trek to the summit and sunrise point.
- 06:00 AM: Arrival at the summit, where we witness the spectacular view and sunrise.
- 07:30 AM: Begin our descent to finishing point of our trek.
- 11:00 AM: Arrival at starting point and boarding car.
- 01:00 PM: Return arrival at your hotel.
- Pick up and return to your hotel by private air conditioned car.
- Experiences private local guides English speaking.
- Entrance Fee to Karangasem Area.
- Drinking water, Coffee or tea & Breakfast.
- Walking Stick & Headlamp.
What Should You Bring:
- Hiking Boots, Long pant & Warm Jacket
- Backpack & Camera
Pick Up Time:
- Ubud : 11:40 PM Sanur : 12:00 PM
- Kuta : 11:40 PM Nusa Dua : 11:40 PM
- Legian: 11:40 PM Seminyak: 11:40 PM
- Activity Level: High to Extreme.
- Hiking Duration: 8 hours (up & down).
- Temperature: 6 – 12° Celsius (At the summit).
- Women are not allowed to climb up the Volcano during their menstruation period.
- Bring only what you need, the rest leave them in your hotel.
- Some cash for tipping the guide and driver is recommended.
(Minimum 2 person)